Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boise!

So my friend Jaci was going to visit her brother in Boise and asked if I would like to tag along with her. Naturally after checking with Tracy I said heck yeah and we set off on our adventure:

The first pic of the trip. Jaci calling her brother to say we are on our way!

I know how to relax on road trips! Except if you look at my left ankle you can see how jacked up it is... gross.

Random northern utah scenery. These little barns were in the middle of nowhere. It was kind of cool.

Welcome to Idaho!!

Really bad dust storm that we were in. It didnt show up well on camera but it was bad!

We passed this guy and noticed he was reading so we slowed down and i attempted a pic but missed and so we had to speed back up so i could capture his image. Seriously who reads while driving?? Apparently this guy does but we must have embarrassed him because he stopped. We passed him an hour later again after we took a potty break and it resulted in us pointing and laughing at him while he was laughing at us. Good Times.

The Snake River.

Flat topped mountains.

We ate dinner at this drive in. It was featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. It was ok.

The host of Diners Drive ins and Dives. They have his picture up in several places.

The Boise Sunrise. yep thats right SUNRISE! We went to the Farmers Market in downtown Boise Saturday morning. I gotta say downtown Boise is cool but I really didnt want to see it at 7 am on a saturday. ok fine it was 8 am but still!

I was so tired and it was freezing, so I laid down in the sun.. and I fell asleep. Whihc is seriously CRAZY for me! I dont sleep with noise and the farmers market was NOT quiet. It just goes to show how exhausted I was. Luckily Jaci and her bro were nice enough to let me sleep while they slaved away selling granola bars (which are AMAZINGLY delicous by the way. Everyone check out www.loadedgranola.com and buy some. The strawberry cracked black pepper rocks my world)

Cool bike taxi that is free! If i would have known i would have cruised Boise instead of sleeping.



Just a shot of downtime Boise


After the market we ate lunch at this dive of a pizza place called the Pie Hole. I thought the decor was totally college town-esque and the pizza was awesome! Dives are the best places to find great food for cheap!

On the way home we stopped at Loves gas station. Because Jaci's a love. haha it was cool

Home again Home again!

Saw this cool barn thing on the side of the road on the way home. I love how this pic turned out. I dont know how i didnt notice it on the way up!
Thanks for the fun weekend Jaci!!!

1 comments:

Jaci said...

I laughed several times through these pictures. It was a fun trip and I'm glad you could come! Just... next time don't poke me in the face ;)