Sunday, August 2, 2009

LAVA LAVA LAVA LAVA

Ok the title is totally a flashback from choir tour my senior year. I'll give a dollar to whoever can tell me the name of the play we went to see! :) OK probably not really a dollar but I'll totally give you respect. lol. So we went up to Lava Saturday afternoon and we came back Sunday afternoon so it was a totally quick trip but I had to work Friday night so we couldnt go up Friday afternoon like every one else. Our campground wasn't the coolest campground ever, right off the main road and right next to a busy train track, everyone else seemed really bothered by it but honestly the only thing that bugged me was the stupid rooster that started crowing at 4 am. I can sleep through trains and traffic but not unfamiliar noises. and it was freezing!! Kelcy somehow poured water on me right before bed and i didnt have any extra jammies to change into so i just toughed it out. lucky for me i got snuggled in between the human furnace, Tracy and Madison who ended up in my sleeping bag. I thought it would be better for her to share with me than be freezing herself so we cuddled all night. It was both of the girls first camping trip and they loved it!! Kelcy is already asking when we can go back. One nice thing about our campground is it had a large playground right next to our spots. and it had goats, bunnies and mini ponies for the kids to feed and have fun with. Also flush toilets are a huge plus for me as i have severe issues with portapotties!!
We went swimming almost as soon as we got up there because it was ROASTING hot! I was dying so we all changed and climbed over to the newly revamped pool. ok maybe not newly but I havent been there since our honeymoon 7 years ago so its new to me! The funniest part is when Tracy went down the new curly water slides he created such a huge wave at the end that he scared the crap out of a lady waiting for her kids at the end. She seriously screamed HOLY CRAP and was clutching her chest. I laughed so hard I fell down the stairs. So we decided he should go down again and I would record it so everyone could enjoy. YOu can hear me say on the video the little girl that came down before him should get out of the way but what you cant hear is the little girl and her brother screaming in surprise at the wave when Tracy comes out. Its awesome! Enjoy pics of our mini-vacation and please tell me how funny the video is!












So ready to go home.

Kelcys poor I dont want to go home face!



3 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

Too funny! That's great! Looks like you guys had fun. We want to get away next April for our birthdays, a long time, I know, but I have to wait until Morgan is bigger and can go all night without nursing. Anyway, we were thinking of going there. The girls looked like they had fun, it's hard camping with kids, but they enjoy it so it makes it worth it!

Brandon and Dusty said...

Nice pics!! And the video is funny!!! :)

Brandon and Dusty said...

Oh and what play? I don't even remember going to see a play!