Saturday, January 3, 2009

100th post and Happy New Year!

So here it is, 2009. Last year my post around this time was about how 2008 better be great. It wasn't great. In fact as a whole there were few positives about the year. So I've decided not to make any resolutions that I'm not going to keep this year. Instead I'm going to live by a quote that I found in my book... that I just forgot the title of. Anyways its by Gordon B. Hinkley and it has a quote for every day of the year and a scripture. Great book. Anyways so my theme for this year is BE BETTER. Thats all. and it can apply to anything you choose. Be a better wife, a better mother, a better worker. Whatever! So thats what i'm going to try to do this year. Just be better. No weight loss goals, no unrealistic expectations of being a perfect person. Just trying.
And for those of you who dont know, Tracy and I have decided to get sealed on March 7th in the Salt Lake Temple. :0) I'm pretty excited about it. Its something that I never thought would happen for us so I'm really proud that we've been going to church and doing everything we can.
Thats all I have for right now so Bring it on 2009. Show me what you got!

4 comments:

Jaci said...

I am SO excited for you both! Congrats on the trying to be better, I may have to copy you on that one... (You know I don't do New Years Resolutions).
Hope you have a better year!

Mark and Bethany said...

I am so freaking proud of you guys, it's awesome! Good idea, just be better! Somuch easier said than done....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goal to get sealed! I am so excited for you two. I wish you all the best.

Unknown said...

I like your blog! I'm so excited that you guys are going through the temple! How exciting!!! I know what you mean w/ not setting goals. I'm the same way - I've given up on setting goals as well, because I never keep them.
I feel kinda dumb that the first time you see my blog is right after I post this big ol' sappy testimony! LOL! :) Ah well!