Friday, March 5, 2010

Option 3


So I see all kinds of blog posts about mom's who when they discover their childs room a mess, laugh and take a picture of it and share precious stories of how great their kids are. My question is... how do I become THAT kind of a mom? Because seriously, when I walk into my girl's room first thing in the morning, and I discover 4 boxes of macaroni and cheese (unfortunately the special spongebob and scooby doo macaroni that is WAY more expensive than regular macaroni), 3 compleats meals, and blankets concealing a whole seperate mess all over the floor... I YELL! And trust me I yelled A LOT. By the time I was finished both of my girls were crying and saying they were sorry. The thing is... this is NOT the first time they have done this. Because they share a room, if one of them wakes up they wake the other one up and they have little parties in the middle of the night. Usually they are loud enough it wakes me up and I am able to circumvent the mess, but not last night.
I obviously dont want to lock them in their room because they need to get out to potty and you know if our house burns down or something, but at the same time I can't afford for them to continually RUIN food! I can't even tell you how many times this has happened. We even had a moratorium against cereal for several months because that was their midnight snack of choice.
Grr. Then AFTER the lovely mess/fight that made me late... I go outside to rush the girls to the sitters and hop in my car and find this!!!
NATURES MESS! SERIOUSLY???


UPDATE****
I came home to this:


Ah springtime in Utah. Gotta love it.

1 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! When Aden and Alec opened up about 10 things of pudding and gave them to Luke, in the wee morning hours, it's a good thing Mark found them first because we now have an adorable picture of Luke covered! in chocolate with a big smile. I, however, would have yelled and screamed until there were tears all around. You are not the only one! Good luck figuring something out. We will miss this one day, atleast that's what 'they' say!!!