Sunday, January 27, 2008

Together Again...



Officials with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced this evening that Church President Gordon B. Hinckley has passed away.
He passed away at his home about 7 o'clock this evening with his family at his side. President Hinckley was 97 years old. He was the 15th president of the Church.
Born in Salt Lake City on June 23, 1910; he graduated from the University of Utah and served a mission to Great Britain. After he returned, he embarked on a lifetime of service for the Church.
He was employed as the executive secretary of the Church Radio, Publicity, and Literature committee, before he was called to be an Apostle in 1961.
He was later called to serve as a counselor to President Kimball, President Benson and President Hunter.
Since becoming Church President on Mar. 12, 1995, he has directed the most intense temple building program in the history of the Church in an effort to extend temple blessings to more members.
He has exhibited vitality and energy as he has traveled about the world meeting and speaking to members of the Church.
Through television interviews and national press publications, he has increased media attention and improved the public image of the Church. He has counseled Church members to fellowship new converts, befriend members of other faiths, live exemplary lives, and avoid the evils of the world.

He has been, by far, My most beloved church leader. He was such an amazing example to everyone. My only regret is that I did not have a chance to see him speak in person. At least he is with his lovely wife again. My desire to get active and be sealed in the temple is becoming stronger everyday. With each person that passes I am grateful for the gospel and the chance to be a family forever and not just til death do us part. Me and Britt, who is getting engaged anyday, have decided that if either of us gets sealed we want to be there for the other one. Ditto for Jaci who is already endowed. (sorry jules theres just no way for me to be ready for you although i would LOVE to be there) I'm hoping that my desire to raise my children in the church will overcome my general laziness and dislike of relief society. :) Wish me luck.

And on a Happier note! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good friend Dusty, who turns 26 today! We are going out on Thursday to have a good time! Sure do love ya dooby!
And ALSO... Madison rolled over today!!! From back to tummy! YAY MADISON! She naturally did this about 5 minutes after I had to leave and naturally Tracy didnt tell me until just barely!!! Anyways YAY!

2 comments:

Jaci said...

YAY for getting active!!!
I am SO excited that you are moving in this direction. Its hard, but SO rewarding. You know I will be there every step of the way! (Even if you don't want me there) ;)

Juls said...

I agree, President Hinckley was my favorite prophet so far too. They are all great, he is just so darn cute! I love when he held his cane up with the cute little smile on his face! SO CUTE!!
I am really excited for you to start going back to church. I dont like relief society either, but it gets better and better each week. Maybe you just get use to it? lol. Just remember the saying, He never said it would be easy, just worth it. That gets me through a lot every day!
And come on, you can make it in 6 weeks!! lol, jk. I know you will be there in spirit. haha