Monday, September 22, 2008

My two cents

Ok I dont often get involved in politics. In fact I hate politics. HATE THEM. With a passion. I think our whole election process should be revamped and there shouldnt be parties. Democrat, republican, independent. Who cares as long they are going to do a good job. I hate election years. I hate the ads tearing down the other candidate, I hate the celebrities that endorse specific politicians, I hate the constant debate over who is going to win, I hate the insane amount of money that these politicians waste on advertising and fundraising. Seriously do you KNOW how much food that money could buy? How many vaccinations for kids? How many new textbooks for classrooms? Or if you want to really stretch it how much lower the national debt could be? As a middle class American I find it completely disgusting that the only people that I have to choose to vote for President of our country are people who are so rich that they could literally afford to feed thousands of American families every year and yet they spend their time and money writing books like "The Audacity of Hope"(thats a whole other tangent for me) or criticizing the very people they expect to vote for them. In short,While I think it is important to vote (although I believe the "every vote counts" Saying is BS depending on the state you live in), I will NOT be voting in this years presidential election. There isn't a candidate that I think will do any kind of decent job and when the next Trainwreck of a president takes the office and screws something up I dont want to say yeah thats the guy I voted for.
Please keep in mind this is my personal blog and I really really dont care if you agree with me or not. All opinions are welcome and this is mine! :)

1 comments:

Team Wyatt said...

I agree. Except I will be voting, I guess pick the less of two evils. you know?