Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blog Slacker

Thats right. I'm saying it. I have been being a blog slacker lately. I dont even have a good excuse really other than I'm waiting for something to blog about. But then I dont blog about anything and my blog becomes unloved and boring. So today, boys and girls, I'm going to tell you about the fantastic new addition to our boardgame family.

NIGHTMARE


Sounds fun right? HAHA Tracy told me about this game probably like 8 years ago and I didnt believe him at first but he finally bought it on Ebay. We played it with his sister on Saturday night. Its basically a board game that has a video tape with it.

The video tape is the Gatekeeper and he keeps the time and tells you what to do. He calls you maggot a lot. Its hilarious. And the dude never blinks! But he gets scarier and scarier looking as the game progresses. So the point of the game is to get six keys and get to the center of the board before the game is over. If you dont make it there by the time the Gatekeeper says its over then he wins. You hop around from headstone to headstone and some of them will say things like If you are number 3 take a key. or Time, or Chance or whatever. The time cards are hilarious. They say stuff like at 00:00 stare at an opponent until you unnerve them. Or During this point count random numbers out loud or whatever. I got one that said at 59:00 scream loudly and whoever you scare gets banished to the black hole. Well I knew that that was 1 minute til the end of the game so I figured I'd better make it worth it! So at 59:00 I screamed really loud and Alesha just about fell out of her chair. It was so funny I couldnt stop laughing and missed the rest of my turns. The Gatekeeper won because couldnt get it together enough to stop and play. It was fantastic. I want to buy the other versions now. It has several different editions now including several on DVD.

3 comments:

Brandon and Dusty said...

I totally used to play that game!!! I remember the creepy guy and everything!!!

Team Wyatt said...

HAHA.. Can I call you maggot? I don't have a creepy cape though, would that be a problem? lol..

Schonerengel said...

HAHAHAHAAA! I have this game.