Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE!

This is one of my big big pet peeves!

Carrie Underwood: I "Lose All Respect" for Stars When They Back a Candidate
Tuesday November 4, 2008

Carrie Underwood attends her wax figure unveiling at Madame Tussauds on October 22, 2008 in New York City.
Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
Buzz up!Carrie Underwood has a message for Oprah, Diddy, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and even Heidi and Spencer: Don't publicly back candidates for office.

"There is someone I do support, but I don't support publicly," she tells TV Guide, as excerpted by Just Jared. "I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate.

"It's saying that the American public isn't smart enough to make their own decisions," she goes on. "I would never want anybody to vote for anything or anybody just because I told them to.

"Music is where you go to get away from all the BS," adds Underwood, who recently apologized for saying ex Tony Romo still calls her. "Whether it's from politics or just the world around you, music should be an escape."

See the most unforgettable moments from this year's election.

Tell Us: Should celebrities endorse political candidates

1 comments:

Team Wyatt said...

I COMPLETELY agree. I hate it when celebrities do that. I watched the VMA's like a month ago, and this british comedian was going off about McCain. I was thinking, even if don't like McCain or the republican party you shouldn't bash it. Besides the fact that the guy going off was from the UK and NOT the US!! I was going to throw something at my TV. Grrr...