Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Be Grateful

So as I sit here today in my glorious funk, reflecting on all of the bad karma that I appear to have coming my way right now, I clicked on a blog that I read daily, and now my whole attitude has changed. Thanks to Erica for posting the words to the song. I really needed to read that right then. Sadly it reduced me to tears at my desk which was slightly embarassing but worth it for the overall lift in sprit. This week has been a challenging one. My babysitter quit (about 20 minutes after she was supposed to be at our house mind you) leaving me sitter-less and second car-less. Our car is having problems, again. Our fabulous family pictures will NOT install on my laptop at home. Our dishwasher has a problem that causes it to repeatedly drain on my carpet rather than down the actual drain. And instead of focusing on everything I DO have, i just keep thinking about all of that. So since its Thanksgiving tomorrow, here is my list of things that I'm Thankful for.

1. My girls. They might be little monsters but I sure do love them. They make me laugh everyday.
2. Tracy. I really dont know what I'd do without him.
3. My job and Tracys job. In all the crazy busy-ness that is the Christmas season I feel more needed than ever. Not to mention that in our faltering economy, my company is doing extremely well thanks to the foresight of our CEO.
4. The church. Now that its back in my life I wonder why I stopped in the first place.
5. My friends. I love you guys!
6. My extended family. Grandpas, Grandma, Aunts, uncles, cousins. I cant even say how much I love you all.
7. Blog stalking. I know it's random but it's nice to know that there are other people in the world with your same problems and concerns. Not to mention its a great way to make new friends!
8. Our Apartment. Its a warm place to live which is more than a lot of people have right now.
9. Books. Ah my sweet escape from reality.
10. The holidays. What a great way to not only reconnect with family and friends, but to sit back and truly evaluate your life and all that you have. Plus I love to decorate my Christmas tree!

Ok I'll stop now because really I could ramble on for quite some time about all of the mundane things that I am Thankful for. Like the headphones I bought last night that are right now providing me with the melodic sounds of my playlist. But I think I'll stop now and go back to reflecing on all the good things I have.

0 comments: