Saturday, April 19, 2008

God be with you til we meet again...

I feel like my heart is breaking. My Grandma was the most amazing person I've ever known. So giving and caring even when certain people would throw it back in her face. She adopted 5 kids, almost 6- My aunt Kay was a foster daughter that never got adopted but is part of the family- and even though she knew that some of those kids would never love her she took them in anyways. I know she's never regretted her choices because it gave her family. Everyone always asks how I turned out so normal with my mom being so messed up. Well I know. It was because of her. She was always such an amazing example to me. Loved me when I made mistakes and never judged anyone. I hope I can be a tenth of the person she was. When my aunt called me yesterday to tell me it wasn't looking good I went to the hospital almost immediately. I got to have some time alone with her before she left. I told her I loved her and what an inspiration she was to me. I started crying and said she still had so much to teach me. And she looked at me and said "Just follow the instructions and keep trying. and keep thinking how would Grandma do it and you'll get it." And I knew she wasn't just talking about sewing or cooking. Then she told me she was in so much pain and so uncomfortable and she just needed to wait for Dayna to get there. My cousin flew in from Florida and made it with just a few hours to spare. I'm glad she got to say goodbye. The hardest thing was watching my Grandpa say goodbye to her before the mortuary people took her away. He just started crying and said "Someone smack me up side the head because this all has to be a bad dream." Gave her a kiss and said he loved her and he'd miss her so much. I'm so thankful for the gospel right now. I know that she is with her mom and dad and sister who she missed so much. I know that my grandpa will be with her again one day.
there was of course Drama with my mother. I want to beat her and my sister. They are so inappropriate and rude. I'm not looking forward to the funeral for the obvious reasons but they are definitely in the back of my mind wondering what kind of scene they are going to cause.

1 comments:

Jaci said...

I am so sorry about your Grandma. My thoughts and prayers are with you!