Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Christmas Tree

Ok so the very first year Tracy and I were married he had a part-time job at target. It was awesome because we decided we wanted to buy an artificial Christmas tree and we got a discount on one. I love that tree. It's gorgeous, it always looks great and its easy to take up and put down, although time consuming because I am a fluffer. This year when Tracy pulled it out of our storage unit one of the legs was missing. We've searched and searched and we can't find it.
What's a poor (literally) girl to do??
I went to walmart and bought the cheapest artificial tree they had. It was 38 dollars and it was prelit. Now I'm one of those people that thinks the more lights the better, so I was fully anticipating putting more lights on the prelit tree. However, when I got it home, at midnight, I just wanted to decorate it and be done. The front room was covered with Christmas boxes from storage and I just wanted them all to be put back away. So I set the tree up and decorated it with our new decorations. We actually bought the purple and pink ones, and the garland, a few years ago after Christmas for like 90% off, I just never wanted to use them because I liked our snowman tree and then our black and white tree. But this year I decided to go for it.






I love the garland! By far my favorite part of the tree this year. I also love my little penguin that sits on a sleigh under the tree. The only presents under it are for the girls so far. Those are from mom and dad. The rest are going to be from santa!
I was able to snag two Lalaloopsy dolls today at toys r us (my sixth store and second toys r us)It's all Madison asked for specifically so I had to get it for her.


Kelcy wanted one too but she was much more flexible on which one, so LUCKILY the toys r us had the exact one that Maddie wanted and another very cute one! I'm super excited.


I dont know what I'm going to do when Kelcy starts reading my blog...

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I love the snowflake decorations! My tree has always been a mod-podge of decor with no real theme. Those dolls for your girls are super-cute; I'm sure they'll LOVE them!

Brandon and Dusty said...

Love the tree!! My tree is totally random, we have random ornaments, no theme. And those dolls are sooo cute, I want one hehe