Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

First off, Thanksgiving was awesome! Great food and great people = Great day. Minor drama with the sis in law but its Thanksgiving and she seems to do something EVERY year on Thanksgiving and since it was minor I just shrugged it off this year. Makes me wonder if she's going to try to top it for Christmas but we'll cross that bridge later. We started at Tracy's parents house and then moved to my Grandmas where Kelcy decided she was sleepy and laid down on the floor in front of their window and fell asleep for about 40 minutes. It was so funny cause one minute she was playing and the next she was just out. Then we went back to the in-laws house for games on our WII and chocolate fondue. It was hilarious playing bowling with them in video game form, but I wouldnt be surprised if they bought a WII just because they had so much fun with it. We called it a night at about 10:30 and went home to get some rest for our big day of shopping!

Let me just start by saying I'm a HUGE fan of Day after Thanksgiving shopping. ALL OF IT, beginning with combing through the ads on Thanksgiving day to pick the best store to go to. Tracy and I have had a tradition since we started dating that we always go shopping on black friday. Now normally we dont buy much because we never seem to have money on this day, but for the past two years his Mom and Dad have surprised us with a substantial sum of money on Thanksgiving. Its our Christmas present but Maylene knows how much everyone in the family likes to go shopping on this day so she gives it to us early so we can get good deals. This year we decided that with our Christmas money we'd actually spend some of it on us, last year we just bought presents for everyone else to make sure they got taken care of first. This year we decided we wanted the LCD tv we missed out on last year. Target had a 19 inch LCD with built in DVD for $199 which is an awesome deal when you consider that they had a 17 inch one with built in DVD for $299 just regular price. Target opened at 6 AM so we decided we should be there around 4:30 - 5:00 AM just to make sure we have a chance at it. At 2:30 in the morning we decide that we cant sleep and we decide to go walk around South Towne mall that opened at Midnight. Madison had just woken up so we woke Kelcy up and dragged ourselves to the Mall. It was actually really fun! I found the cutest dresses for our family pictures we are going to have taken next month. Its really hard to find dresses for a newborn and an almost 3 year old that are the exact same, but I did it! We got drinks at Orange Julius and then bought them shoes to match their dresses. We also got Kelcy this adorable elephant that walks and moves its trunk. And naturally everything was on SALE!! We let Kelcy ride the carousel and then decided to head to Target. We'd scoped out the West Jordan Target on our way to the mall and decided it would be our best chance since there is only one entrance and not two like all the other stores. We got there at 4:30 and Tracy hopped out and got in line about 20 people back. I stayed in the car with the girls and kept them happy and entertained (and fed) I'd drive by and check on Tracy every half an hour and see if she wanted to trade places with me because it was cold! 28 degrees according to the West Jordan City Hall sign. He wanted hot chocolate so I went to 7-11 and grabbed two hot chocolates because when he said go get me a hot chocolate the girl sitting down next to him said me to just jokingly. I asked if anyone else wanted some which was stupid of me really because by now there was easily 100 people in line. Luckily everyone just laughed. At about 10 to 6 there was just a crush of cars pulling into the parking lot. The plan was for Tracy to run inside and grab the tv and I'd wait for the huge line of people going into the store to dissipate then meet him by the 1000 thread count sheets that I wanted that were also on sale. It took 7 minutes for the line to make its way inside the store! 7 minutes of non stop people just flooding into the building. Then I got the girls out of the car and went inside. There were NO shopping carts left so I had to hold onto Kelcy's hand and carry Madison in her carseat through the crazy maze of people. By the time I found Tracy in the Electronics department my arm was burning! But we got the TV and the sheets! An LCD Tv and 1000 thread count sheets, my bedroom is going to be awesome! We are trying to decide if we want to mount it on the wall or put it on top of the new dresser we are buying soon. We got home at about 6:45 am after having NOT slept at all and sadly my phone wouldn't stop ringing until almost 8 from all of Tracys family calling us and seeing what we got and if we found a Zune (we didn't but Tracy's parents did) or a camcorder (also a no) and what we got. And my sister texting me and asking me if I wanted to come to Kmart to get a TV (they had a 20 inch with a dvd built in for 200 and since she works there I could have gotten a discount on that.. Wish I'd known BEFORE Target!!) That means I didnt fall asleep until well after 8 am this morning!! But it was definitely worth it! I cant wait to get our tree up! I think that's going to be my tomorrow night project. Yeah... putting up the tree, listening to Forgotten carols and drinking hot chocolate.. Definitely a great night!

0 comments: