Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Random Memory Wednesday

Turning 8

Once a month in Primary we would do birthdays. Our teacher would have the parents fill out cards then stand up in front of the class and say ok this person's favorite color is this and their favorite sport is this... etc etc and we would all have to guess who that person was, if we couldn't guess who it was that person would have to stand up and be like oh its me I'm blank years old and answer a few questions about why we liked our favorite color and stuff like that. I was so nervous because back then I was ridiculously shy and I didnt want people to turn and look at me. There were lots of March birthdays and when she started every one I would tense up and start to panic that the one she was reading was me, but then none of the answers were right. I was starting to think that my mom didnt fill out the little card because she only had one left and it wasn't me! My favorite color wasn't purple, my favorite sport wasn't basketball, yeah my favorite animal was a cat but everything else was wrong! I started looking around the room with everyone else trying to figure out who it was when my teacher said it was me. I stood up, shaking and panicky, while she asked me why I liked purple so much. I was so scared I couldnt even say that purple was my least favorite color. I think I muttered something about flowers that are purple. Then she asked me about basketball and again I made something up even though soccer was my favorite sport, and the only sport I played! I remember thinking, doesnt my mom know me at all?? The next day was my actual birthday and I got up and got ready for school and was so surprised that my mom had gotten up early and made me breakfast. Normally she was just dragging herself out of bed right around the time I got home from school claiming she had a headache. This is the one and only time I remember my mom making me breakfast before school. She gave me my birthday present, a stuffed elephant that I still have to this day. Man my childhood was depressing! no wonder I've blocked out lots of it!! :D

2 comments:

Juls said...

At least you still have the elephant. It wasn't as bad as you thought it was... lol

Juls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.