Friday, November 30, 2007

Quitting Time

Its official. I am not going back to my job. My maternity leave was supposed to end on Monday but due to circumstances right now I just "gave my notice" today. I thought that when this day came I'd be so excited but instead I feel somewhat sad. I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom and I've certainly enjoyed it the past 3 months, but all of my friends are moving on to that hugely successful part of their careers and even though I've reached my goal I cant help feeling just a little bit sad that I will never have job stories anymore. I suppose if I ever finish my book and get published that will definitely be a success but I feel like that is so far away. I just need to sit down and write more. I have the time now but the story seems trapped inside me and it wont come out the way I want it to. I guess we'll just have to see where it goes from here. On to lifes next great adventure! If anyone knows of any LEGIT work at home jobs I'd appreciate it! Just cause I'm a full time mom doesnt mean I cant make money too right?? :D

1 comments:

Juls said...

If it makes you feel better, Im totally jealous of you! I know my day will come too and I will be sad at the same time, but it will be a greaat day!!