Sunday, December 2, 2007

Terrible Two's

I know that Kelcy is closer to 3 than to 2 but I think she's full on in the terrible 2's now. The tiniest thing will make her throw a tantrum or burst into tears. She doesnt mind at all and in fact will often do the opposite of what you ask her to and then when you discipline her for it she does it again as soon as she's out of time out. I know that she's just testing her boundaries and learning but its so frustrating. I'm trying very hard to be understanding and patient but its very hard when the thing you get mad at her for doing is potentially harmful to herself or Madison, or both of them at the same time! She is refusing to go to bed, to potty, to get dressed, to eat, to brush her teeth.. I could go on, but then when you finally give up because she's having such a fit, she then throws a fit to DO whatever you wanted her to do in the first place! Like tonight I told her she needed to get jammies so she could go to bed and she immediately starts screaming. I tell her to grab a dry bum while I get her jammies and she screams about that. So I finally change her and she starts screaming no jammies no jammies! So I go ok fine you can just sleep in your clothes to which she responds, I NEED JAMMIES! I NEED JAMMIES!!! Then there was a fit about the jammies that I grabbed. Even now when she's been in bed for a while I can still hear her bursting into tears about every ten minutes or so.
Anyway! Onto the good stuff and no more whining for me! I find Kelcy sleeping in the most random places. I'll have to do a post just on places I've found her in her room, for instance, IN the dirty clothes basket, UNDER her bed, IN her closet, Behind the door.. you get the picture. well this morning I found her like this:

I know she's in her bed, but she's SIDEWAYS in her bed, with about 8 blankets, she's using her Kitty as a pillow and she has on her grass skirt from her swimsuit.
She was cute earlier tonight and I was able to get a couple of cute shots of her and me.


This is her playing dress up/model yesterday. She loves to dress up and has hats and costumes that she frequently runs around in


And finally tonight my little miss Madison, wo is currently asleep in my arms... well arm, I'm typing this left handed.









She looks so cute all bundled up!

0 comments: