Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I get so emotional baby!

Tracy finally told his mom about the army. He was so stressed out about telling her that she was the last to know. He kept delaying and delaying and kept saying I just dont want to disappoint her, and I dont want to be a cause of grief for her. He finally caved to pressure because his cousin found out and told his aunt and he didnt want his mom to hear it from her sister rather than him. So he wrote her an email (most of which you can read on his blog. it totally made me cry) He was so nervous about it and she wrote back today and said that she is so proud of him and she is going to miss us so much but that she understands his decision and it sounds like a good plan. It made me cry too! Honestly. Sitting here reading both emails over and over just torn between happy that he finally told and the harsh reality that its happening. I'm excited. This makes it so real. I'm sure she's going to have lots of questions on Sunday when we go over... Hopefully she's not mad at me for keeping this secret for 5 months, but it was Tracy's secret to tell. The countdown is offically on!

1 comments:

Juls said...

He wrote her an email? Wow! haha. Im excited for you both that he finally told her though. You're right, it does make it more real. How much longer til he goes in?