Tuesday, December 4, 2007

payday? no way

So Tracy is supposed to get paid every Tuesday, well actually its Monday but since we elected for direct deposit it goes in on Tuesday. We've never had a problem with getting the check into our account until today. His company insists they deposited it and our bank is insisting they dont have it, not even as pending. I'm super stressing about it because rent is due by tomorrow. If we dont get that money in our account by tomorrow afternoon, not only is our rent going to be late but we need groceries and to do laundry. URGH. I hate living paycheck to paycheck. Everytime we get a savings account built up something happens that drains it and we are back to paycheck to paycheck. The army is going to change all of this but we are still a few months away from that and we need to have a good $2500 in the bank in order for Tracy to leave for 9 weeks and still be able to pay all of our bills. The army pays about 6-8 weeks behind for the first check so his first check will be a very nice one but we need to have money to get us through until then. I know we'll make it work no matter what but the sooner he can get in the army the better off we'll be. I cant believe how fast time is going by. I am measurin time by paydays and getting one every week makes it go that much faster. We are getting our updated family pictures taken on the 15th by my brilliant photographer friend/ex-coworker Sarah. I am so excited for them! My girls have the cutest dresses so now Tracy and I just need to find somethings that match. Their dresses are black and white so I need to find something cute that is black and white and somewhat formal. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Agreed....living paycheck to paycheck is NOT fun.

We've also been on the "black-and-white-formal-outfit" hunt for my sister-in-law's wedding in a few weeks. I can't say I ended up with anything super fabulous, but I found (online) some nice black skirts at JCPenney which I matched up with a nice turtleneck sweater from Old Navy. Good luck with your search!